Deadline: March 15, 2018
The Visual Artist Fellowship is designed to help artists in the Philadelphia Region reach new levels in their career. Artists will be asked to demonstrate a vision for the next stage of their professional or artistic practice and a clear plan for CFEVA’s proposed role in reaching it. Artists will be selected by an independent Board of Artistic Advisors based on the merit of their artwork and a demonstrated ability to reach stated goals. Four artists will be selected to receive a full range of career support during the two-year Fellowship period. In addition, selected artists will receive a $1,000 award and up to $3,000 to cover expenses related to the proposed activity. We invite all artists to apply with their current needs and ideas, regardless of their status as emerging, mid-career, or established. Please note each application is reviewed carefully and all applicants are also eligible for exhibitions, sales, teaching, and other opportunities through CFEVA.
CFEVA support includes:
- Guidance and career support from CFEVA’s Director of Artist Programs and Board of Artistic Advisors.
- Introductions to notable curators and collectors.
- Career Enhancement Excursions, such as visits to art fairs and private collections.
- Opportunities to foster peer dialogue, including an annual retreat designed to help Fellows and alumni tackle critical issues facing artists today.
- A complimentary CFEVA Artist Membership.
- Complimentary registration and featured placement in CFEVA's annual Philadelphia Open Studio Tours.
- The ability to hone teaching skills as educators for CFEVA's community outreach programs.
- Inclusion in CFEVA’s permanent collection.
Image: Visual Artist Fellow, Mi-Kyoung Lee